Playgrounds

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm not bored

I promise I'm not having blog boredom or getting tired of it yet. The new apartment doesn't have internet, though, and so it's been hard to come by. In the meantime, I've been far from bored in general life, thanks to a harsh allergy season. When I can actually think clearly through the fog in my head, I've been busy unpacking and trying to teach probability to a six year old. I never learn, do I? Caroline didn't quite get it yet.

Caroline and Jacob are moving in just over three weeks, so starting today, their mom will be home trying to get the house ready to sell. I love her, so it's not awkward having her around, and both the parents are great at backing me up when I'm trying to make the kids listen. I just keep wanting to forget that they're actually leaving. Jacob hates writing his weekly journal and always puts it off, but this week I made him do a little each day; when I told his dad this, his response was, "I hate that just when we find someone great with our kids, we're leaving."

I didn't know this blog would start out being so sad. It was supposed to be a comedy, since the initial idea came from Jacob asking me (rather randomly) whether girl dogs had vaginas too. But instead it seems to have a theme of loss. (Yes, I was an English major, I'm allowed to create themes.) Hopefully when I start working with my new family, they'll be great in their own way - I know they will - but it doesn't change the losing.

In other news, I've had two days off from the twins, so tomorrow starts a three day stretch of me on allergies vs toddler twins. I'll try to keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment