Playgrounds

Monday, September 6, 2010

Tired toes and toddler twins

And there's your daily dose of alliteration. Which, at the moment, is about all my brain can conjure up. At 9am yesterday, V and I signed a lease, and at 2:30am this morning, we called it quits on the moving. Most of our stuff is out of the old place, and we're both so happy with the new, but right now...I've been with the twins since 9:30, and I don't think I can play with them. Even if I had the mental energy, I don't think my body would let me sit on the floor. My wrists aren't overly happy with typing.

Being a nanny somehow carries more responsibility with me than a "regular" job. I've always been bad about calling in, taking the day off, being late - but not anymore. It's too personal. There's an effect on more than just me, because I end up delaying the parents, and if I call out, I leave them hanging. Unfortunately, it also puts me in one like I am now: sitting in a rocking chair, laptop on my lap, trying to entertain Patrick and Lilly without having to move or do too much thinking.

Happy Labor Day, everyone. Here's to laboring, and feeling it the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment