Playgrounds

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good good day

V and I took Bug to the zoo this morning.  Highlights:
  • We all got a pet a little penguin.  Literally, they are called Little Penguins.
  • I had a conversation with a turkey, and we have it on video.
  • Bug hugged a goat in the petting zoo and then asked if she could hold it.
  • She overlooked the sleeping bears on the big boulders in their habitat, and when I asked her what she saw, she looked around, puzzled, and replied, "Rocks?"
  • We rode the carousel!  She rode a tiger, and since I was stuck being next to her, I rode an ostrich.
  • There were a ton of gorgeous tulips.  I dangled her over them, as well as let her sniff them, and V got some great pictures.
After Bug, V and I went to visit a friend who just had a baby.  He's four days old now.  Needless to say, I did lots of snuggling the newbie.  It's just been such a good day, and I keep thinking we're heading into the weekend.  We have friends visiting this weekend; it's just taking awhile for it to be Friday.  But if it has to be Wednesday, it was a darn good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment