Playgrounds

Friday, April 8, 2011

Overload

Every now and then, rarely, I watch the twins on a week night.  This isn't a big deal, except that I also watch them weekday mornings and afternoons.  Today I literally fed them breakfast, played with them, fed them lunch, put them down for a nap...came back, got them up from nap, fed them dinner, went for a walk, let them play (now), and will put them to bed.

Thank goodness I like these kids, though Lilly this morning almost literally drove me to tears.  She's been on edge.  In a two-and-a-half year old way.  It's punctuated by adorable moments like her liking my homemade bread, and coming over to say, "May I have some more bread please?" every thirty seconds.  But there are also fits about five per hour, and screaming, which is a new thing with her.

I'm glad tomorrow is Saturday.  V and I are babysitting tomorrow night for Katie and Sean, who will already be in bed by the time we get there.  Sunday night we have Bug and Andrew, also together.  When we're together, things are manageable.  At least now the twins will go to bed in half an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment