Playgrounds

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fishies

One of the great things about living in a city and nannying is the availability of places to take the kids.  The twins and I spent the morning at the aquarium, which was a blast.  We saw penguins, turtles, sharks, otters, birds, spider crabs ("ew yucky! -Patrick), snakes, and "lots and lots and LOTS of fishies!"

I love experiencing places like that with children.  V and I have been by ourselves many times, and we have a great aquarium.  But there's something special about watching two two-and-a-half-year-olds scamper from tank to tank, asking "What's that?" or "Whoa see that big one?"

We almost didn't go, because Lilly has decided lately to pitch a silent fit for the first ten minutes of breakfast every day.  She refuses to eat or drink and just squirms in her chair, whining.  Eventually she'll snap out of it and be her usual happy, hungry self, but there is absolutely nothing I can do to speed up the process.  When she finally came around, this morning, Patrick started having a conniption over the piece of pear on his tray, and after my nightmare-filled minimal sleep, I almost called the whole trip off.

But we went, and had fun.  They should nap well, because I left the stroller in the car and they walked everywhere.  I still haven't figured out if Lilly calls elevators "alligators" or if she was talking about something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment