Playgrounds

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Aches

V and I watched Katie and Sean on Saturday night, and when their parents got home just after midnight, Katie started crying upstairs.  Her mom went to get her, mentioning that she'd been fighting a fever all day.

And you didn't tell me this before I kissed her goodnight and tucked her in, why?

So, after waking up at 4:30 this morning, knowing I had a fever, and aching in every single muscle I had (I couldn't talk because moving my jaw hurt)...I finally got up at 6 and woke V up at 6:30.  She has a more mild version, we think; she's got a fever and aches too, but not dying like I was.

I went to the twins' late (some days I'm so happy their dad works from home), and ended up doing 11:30-2:30 over there.  That means I only lost an hour's wage, thankfully.

I texted Katie's mom this morning and asked if Katie had ever come down with anything; she said the fever was about 24 hours, and that she (the mom) had it yesterday.  So at least I know this should be over tomorrow.  In the meantime, I rest, read, do crossword puzzles, and catch up with my dad.  And get really annoyed with the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment