Playgrounds

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Recovering

After working so much last week, I'm really not feeling kids this week.  We'll see if that changes.

I was going to take Patrick and Lilly to the zoo today, but it was over ninety and humid, so we quickly nixed that plan.  I took them instead to the art museum - it's free, air conditioned, and I don't think they'd ever been.  They loved pictures with animals or at the beach, and statues fascinated them.  My favorite was a horse or donkey statue, and when I asked Patrick what he thought it was, he said "Dinosaur!"  In the same room was an abstract statue, and he pointed to it and said "Pig oink oink!"

Yes, I feel like a recovering homeschooler taking two and a half year old twins to an art museum.  Such a good learning experience and exposure!

And now for a summer thunderstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment