Playgrounds

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Surprise

V and I are putting the final touches on what has become the twins' present to their parents: a small, twelve page book with pictures, their handprints, their names, some artwork, and a poem I wrote at the end.  I absolutely cannot wait to give it to them.  As in, I want to go storm their house now.  But since I can't do that, I thought I'd share the poem with you all.  It seems especially perfect for them, since they were premies in the NICU for awhile.  Sometimes I love writing so very much. 

When we were tiny, you took our hands,
And look how far you've brought us.
In response, we'll take your hearts,
Keeping them forever.

Now we're three and growing more,
Our world is getting bigger.
Surrounded by your love and care,
We're free to go explore.

Mommy and Daddy, our hearts to you,
Each day and every night.
As it has been since we were small,
And cradled in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment