Playgrounds

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Back when

V and I occasionally have conversations about the kids we watch now, and how different their lives are from when we were three and four.  Definitely more scheduling these days.  And a lot less TV - granted, there were fewer choices, but we pretty much watched what we wanted, for however long we wanted.

I got a song stuck in my head tonight that brought all this to the forefront of my mind.  In the class that the twins are in on Fridays, we sing a hello song: "Hello, Patrick, hello.  Hello, Patrick, hello.  Hello, Patrick, hello.  We're glad you're here today."  Repeat around the circle.

Now when I was little, Barney taught me the way to remember everyone's name.
Everyone: "Megan stole the cookies from the cookie jar!"
Megan: "Who me?"
Everyone: "Yes you!"
Megan: "Couldn't be!"
Everyone: "Then who?"
Megan then would call out a different kid's name, and it would start all over.
"Bryan stole the cookies..."

Somehow, I don't think this would really fly in preschools anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment