Playgrounds

Sunday, February 19, 2012

UU

V and I visited a local UU church today.  We'd been thinking about it for awhile, and I'm glad we finally went.  During part of the service, I was wondering why we were there (or really why anyone was, for that matter), but afterward, some really friendly people introduced themselves to us.  Two of them are working on their PhDs.  Intellectual, and interested in talking to us?  Yes please!

I'm sure we'll go back, just not sure when.  It was nice to be around people, and I like singing in groups of people.  And I suppose you can never hear too much about love.  On the one hand, I don't fully understand why there is a "church" without a central deity or being for it to revolve around.  But, there wasn't anything that I disliked, either.

And maybe we'll make more friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment