Playgrounds

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Recap

Today did get better.  I took lots of headache and allergy medicine, and the kids were in great moods all day.  May is Zoo Babies month at our zoo, so we saw a baby camel (which I've never seen!) and three baby bat-eared foxes (adorable), among other things.  Lilly never threw a tantrum; Patrick threw a small one, but he'd just walked all around the zoo and I'm sure was getting worn out.  I picked him up, explained that I bet he was tired, and could he rethink the tantrum?  He calmed himself down pretty quickly.  So nice.

Then I came home and slept for two solid hours.  I didn't know I needed it - wait, yes, I did - and it was the sort of heavy, unbroken sleep I haven't been getting at night.  Then discovered this soup while perusing my blogroll, and realized to my surprise that I actually had all the ingredients.  Well, except chicken, which never stops me, celery, which I don't mind omitting, and curry powder, which I improved with some cumin, paprika, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder, and cinnamon.  It was so exceptionally yummy!  I made about a third of the recipe (I was constrained by the amount of chicken stock I had in the freezer), and will definitely be making more.  I think V was just happy that I actually cooked something.

See, don't you love when I discover new blogs?  An awesome trans story, and a delicious soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment