Playgrounds

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Babysit

I had the twins this evening. I've always said they behave better in the evening...and tonight I realized that evenings are when I'll always have them, now. Seven more work days, and then already two evenings in December, possibly more, and in 2013 too.

I had so much more patience tonight than I've had in weeks. I could redirect the kids, instead of aggravating the situation. I was the babysitter - so I didn't push them to eat all their dinner, or follow all the rules to a T.

And I loved them. Really truly enjoyed my evening with them, and playing memory, and going for a pajama walk with their baby dolls in little strollers, and getting hit by the giant ball they were playing with.

There's hope for the three of us yet. That gladdens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment