Playgrounds

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Roles

I have a different role with the twins now, and I love it. I'm not sure what it is yet - part occasional babysitter, part adopted aunt, part...something.

V and I went over there the other night to drop off Christmas gifts. The kids were SO excited to see us: talking a mile a minute, over each other, jumping up and down, all over the place. Their mom even commented a few times how thrilled they were to see us.

It feels so much healthier. I want to see them now, knowing it'll make their day, knowing that will make mine. No more dreading seeing them. No more gunning up the courage to face a day of tantrums. No more tantrums, for that matter.

I still love those kids. I love them even more now that I'm in their life less.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog! I was a nanny for 3 yrs in college and I felt the same way when I stopped babysitting. Good luck with your new adventure.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete