Playgrounds

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

!!!

Damn it feels good to be married.

Don't get me wrong; V and I have been married for over two years, and we were legally married (not that weddings that occurred in states where it wasn't legal weren't legit).

But the erasure of all the technicalities is immense. No more listing as single on federal forms. No more pausing to try to figure out which employment papers are for the organization (and so can have married as the status) and which ones go to the government (and so can't), like I wrestled with for V's summer job. No more separate taxes. No more fear of end of life care defaulting to our parents.

No, I'm not naive enough to think it's all roses from here. But right in this moment, all I want to do is celebrate.

I shouldn't be this excited about taxes, but dammit, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment