Playgrounds

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

New horizons

Looking for childcare positions when we moved here was a bit of a challenge, but I at least could go and meet the families. I've been doing long-distance research for part-time positions in our new location; I miss the days of being able to schedule a meeting and know right away whether it was a potential or not.

I've had two phone conversations now, with two different families. I won't be able to meet with them for another week and a half to two weeks, which is frustrating, but at least both seem promising. I might even be able to make both work out, which would be a great thing financially. If both work out, I'd be starting with 25 hours per week total, working up to 35-40--more than I've ever done, with childcare, but I think a fresh start might make that doable.

Oh, and both positions are for singletons. That's sure to help. I'm not sure, aside from times with Kali, I've ever only watched one kid at a time, regularly. Not saying it'll be a breeze (parents of one, don't hate me), but certainly a change from juggling two or three.

V and I are going to work on rebranding the photography business for the new environs, and I'm hoping to follow up on a quiet dream of mine to do event/wedding coordination on the side. I'm excited about the prospects, and about new kids. (Of course, Kali was a whiny grump today, so that might be a small part, but you should know I'm not honestly that fickle.) And, well, making money will be nice.

A few more weeks, then the world turns upside-down. Though it feels like it already has, with the half-packed (who am I kidding: 1/10 of the way packed) house and all the sold furniture. So much to do..

No comments:

Post a Comment