Playgrounds

Friday, July 12, 2013

Mia's chatter

While I was spinning her on a tire swing, Mia dizzily looked at me and said, "I feel like a glooooooobe!"

Thought that was pretty insightful, since most of the 4 1/2 year olds I know would probably stick with "ball" or a similar analogy.

We also had a great conversation, when I tried to remember how her mom had referred to her dad.
Me: I think your dad might be home when we get back. What do you call him?
Mia: Daddy.
Me: Oh, I thought your mom called him something else.
Mia: Well, she calls him Sweetie. But Sweetie doesn't get home until later.

And the first four days I watched her:
Mia: Can you whistle?
Me: Eh, a little, not really.
Mia: Can you try?
Me: (whistles a little)
Mia: That was pretty good!
(Her mom is a counselor. She's got a lot of positive talk that comes out, which is both cute and awesome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment